Simplon Steamer Aluminium im Test: 150 mm pures Trail E-Bike

aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZW10Yi1uZXdzLmRlL25ld3Mvd3AtY29udGVudC91cGxvYWRzLzIwMTcvMDgvSU1HXzA0MTcuanBn.jpg
Simplon Steamer im Test: Nach 4000 km und mehr glauben wir, dass das Steamer viele Fahrer glücklich machen wird, die gern auf langen Touren unterwegs sind. Zum Test:

Den vollständigen Artikel ansehen:

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Tuning-Möglichkeiten
Simplon hat eine gute Wahl mit ihren Komponenten getroffen. Wenn jedoch dein Ziel ist, besonders viele Kilometer mit dem Bike abzuspulen, wurde sich der SRAM EX1 Antrieb empfehlen, da der Shimano-Antrieb gemeinsam mit einem elektrischen Antrieb deutlich stärker unter Verschleiß leidet.

Wegen Verschleiß auf eine EX1 gehen?

Eine EX1 Kassette konnte ich auf die schnelle nicht unter 340€ finden, plus Kette sind es dann gut 360€.
Ein Verschleißset mit XT 11-46 Kassette mit Kette kostet 95€.
Ich glaube nicht, dass die EX1 knapp 4x so lange hält wie ein XT Set.
Wer also selbst schraubt, für den ist die EX1 aus Verschleißgründen wohl nicht wirklich ratsam.

Was anderes ist es jedoch die EX1 zu verbauen weil dies die Schaltung ist die besser zum eigenen Anspruch und Fahr-/Schaltverhalten passt.

Anzeige

Re: Simplon Steamer Aluminium im Test: 150 mm pures Trail E-Bike
Ich habe bei mir die SRAM Gruppe drauf, fährt sich super. Niemals wird sie jedoch 12000 (4x3000) km halten. Habe bisher etwas über 2000 km runter und wenn der Verschleiß proportional weitergeht, wäre ich sehr froh 5000 km zu erreichen. Das wird aber vermutlich nichts werden. Mein Freundlicher wollte jetzt schon alles austauschen, aber dann wäre ja Autofahren auf den km gerechnet schon günstiger

@Rumms Its interesting because, I have used the bike daily on rides and also just sometimes taking it ride to town or something, I have a neighbour who does the same.

The drive train has done well, but the gears are not as smooth starting out with the Shimano shifting, So logic tells us that if they are not shifting smoothly and there is noise or friction then wear is taking place. My experience with EX1 has been that it is a quieter system shifting under power etc, this is less noise at the end which is less wear as the chain moves over the sprockets. It has a defined chain path. SRAM has perfect control over the chain.

A few years ago I interviewed the Engineer who made the EX1 cassette, he knows his stuff really well. Interesting guy at the launch of EX1. This was before EMTB news existed.

Loads with ebikes are between 100 and 300 percent more loads on cassettes. Shimanos cassettes are not ebike specific.

Less cross chaining with SRAM, which causes a lot of wear, 7mm less. Anyway.

Anyway watch this video pretty cool guy, super clever positive person, knows his stuff really well.

https://media.mtb-mag.com/en/pv/7660/

We are not disputing that the EX1 has lower wear and obviously several advantages in the shifting quality with the guided chain movements on each shift. Also the better shifting under power.

Those are valid reasons for using the EX1 on an E-MTB.
Also having longer intervals between services and need of replacing wear parts are reasons.

But using the wear as basis for recommending the EX1 in terms of cost* isn't something that seems plausible.

*Although after your thoughts on shift quality, noise, etc. over time which is better on the EX1 I guess that was your point for using an EX1 group and not just the cost of maintenance.

yes correct, cost wasnt in my mind when i wrote that, although yes EX1 is expensive... I was thinking purely about performance, which woul dbe interesting to see how much longer an EX1 does last.... @SRAM lets test it....

Zurück
Oben